EcoWorld Aquarium Terms and Conditions
ECOWORLD AQUARIUM LIMITED TERMS AND CONDITIONS
EcoWorld Aquarium Limited, trading as EcoWorld Aquarium & Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre, places great importance on the safety of its visitors and endeavours to ensure that the high standards set by EcoWorld Aquarium Limited (EcoWorld), are complied with by all those in EcoWorld Aquarium & Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre (EcoWorld).
We are only prepared to allow entry to EcoWorld to those Visitors who are willing to comply with the EcoWorld Terms and Conditions set out below.
We are sure that you will wish to assist us in ensuring EcoWorld and facilities therein remain a safe place in which to enjoy a fun-filled experience.
To assist in ensuring your safety, CCTV is in operation within EcoWorld.
1. All persons entering EcoWorld are admitted subject to the following EcoWorld Terms and Conditions.
Any person who does not comply with these Terms and Conditions may be removed from EcoWorld by either EcoWorld’s Staff, Security or Police Officers.
This is without prejudice to any claim that EcoWorld may have against such a person or persons arising out of their actions.
Whilst inside EcoWorld, all Visitors must comply with any instructions given to them by EcoWorld Staff, Security or Police Officers.
2. EcoWorld reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse admission to EcoWorld, ban from entry to EcoWorld or remove from EcoWorld any person who:
2.1 Has been convicted of a criminal offence, which, in the opinion of EcoWorld, is likely to affect the enjoyment of other Visitors;
2.2 Has behaved in EcoWorld in a manner, which, in the opinion of EcoWorld, has, or is likely to affect the enjoyment of other Visitors.
2.3 Uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner, which may provoke a breach of the peace.
2.4 Does not follow the written or verbal safety instructions or behaves in a manner which may endanger the safety of the individual or other Visitors in EcoWorld.
3. All persons entering EcoWorld must pay for admission or hold a valid admission ticket that must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by Staff.
Any person attempting to gain admission to EcoWorld or being found inside EcoWorld without a valid admission ticket may be ejected from EcoWorld.
4. No child or children under the age of 15 will be admitted to EcoWorld unless they are accompanied by an adult who shall be 16 years or over and such child or children whilst on site must remain under the control or supervision of an adult at all times.
5. No dogs except guide dogs or other pets of any kind shall be allowed in EcoWorld.
6. To prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles from being taken into EcoWorld, Visitors are admitted to EcoWorld subject to a condition that, if requested to do so, they will allow themselves to be searched.
It is prohibited to bring into EcoWorld any weapons, fireworks, smoke bombs, glass bottles or other articles, which may cause injury.
The throwing of any article, which could cause injury or annoyance is strictly prohibited.
7. The consumption of intoxicating liquors is not permitted anywhere in EcoWorld. Accordingly, intoxicating liquor must not be taken into EcoWorld and any Visitor found possessing alcohol, or who appears to be under the influence of alcohol will be refused admission or escorted from EcoWorld.
8. EcoWorld will endeavor to ensure that as many exhibits as possible are on display. EcoWorld may, however, without prior notice and without refund or compensation, change the operating hours of EcoWorld, close EcoWorld or any part of it temporarily, restrict the number of persons having access to EcoWorld, and/or close any part of EcoWorld or interactive programme for operational reasons.
9. Unnecessary noise (such as that from the use of radio sets and other electrical equipment), or any behaviour likely to cause annoyance/disturbance to other Visitors and/or animals or confusion of any kind is not permitted in any part of EcoWorld.
10. The climbing of or standing upon railings, barriers or structures is strictly prohibited.
11. Only EcoWorld staff or appointed contractors are permitted to sell or offer for sale any items to Visitors within EcoWorld, including but not limited to tickets, gift shop items and food and beverages.
12. EcoWorld accepts no responsibility for any loss and/or damage however arising (including that which might arise as a result of any breach of contract) including any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused to guests whilst in EcoWorld.
13. From time to time EcoWorld or other authorised parties carry out photography and/or video recording in EcoWorld, which may feature visitors. By accepting these General Terms and Conditions, you agree that EcoWorld Aquarium Limited or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with EcoWorld or such authorised party (as the case may be).
14. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere in EcoWorld.
15. The wearing of clothing, which in the opinion of EcoWorld, is offensive to other Visitors is not permitted. Footwear and shirts must be worn at all times. These Regulations are for the benefit of all our Visitors and will be strictly enforced.
TICKET PURCHASE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please note: Tickets purchased online for EcoWorld will appear on your bank or credit card statement as ‘EcoWorld Aquarium Ltd’.
We cannot be held responsible for any additional charges applied by the bank or card issuer.
All tickets purchased online require the Visitor to produce the ticket confirmation email on arrival at EcoWorld.
The email confirmation will be emailed to the email address nominated by the Visitor at time of purchase upon successful completion of the transaction.
Visitors are admitted to EcoWorld subject to EcoWorld General Terms and Conditions which are displayed at the main entrance, a copy of which is available on request.
Admission tickets are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, non-refundable and void if altered. They are not valid for special events that require a separate admission charge.
All Visitors entering EcoWorld must have a valid entrance ticket which must be retained during your visit.
As the tickets are non-transferable, accordingly they may not be sold or passed to any third party.
The visitor attraction known as EcoWorld and situated at Picton Wharf, Picton, is owned by EcoWorld Aquarium Ltd (EcoWorld).
All ticket holders to EcoWorld are subject to the following Terms and Conditions and by acquiring one or more tickets to EcoWorld (“Ticket” or “Tickets”) you confirm to EcoWorld that you accept these terms and conditions of use.
Ticket holders are referred to in these Terms and Conditions as “Visitors”
1.1 One Ticket purchased entitles one person entry to EcoWorld on a single occasion.
1.2 All persons entering EcoWorld must hold a valid Ticket that must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by any member of staff. Failure to produce a valid Ticket on request may result in removal from EcoWorld
1.3 Group Tickets for parties of 10 or more may be available at discounted rates (“Group Tickets”).
1.4 Where Ticket prices vary according to age, the following provisions apply:
1.4.1 A person of 15 years or older is classed as an adult;
1.4.2 A person aged 3 to 14 years is classed as a child; and
1.4.3 An infant aged 2 years and under, no admission fee will be charged
1.5 Concession Tickets apply to the following groups:
1.5.1 Students, upon production of a valid New Zealand Student ID
1.5.2 Seniors upon presentation of valid New Zealand ID and New Zealand Gold Card to verify their age as 65 or over.
1.6 Disabled rates are as follows:
1.6.1 Adult: $22
1.6.2 Children: $12
(These rates may change without notification)
Note: One Companion Card Holder can enter free of charge with each disabled person.
1.7 The price of Tickets may vary from time to time and the prices advertised are not guaranteed
1.8 Once acquired, whether by purchase or on a complimentary basis, Tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable and void if altered and Tickets that EcoWorld reasonably suspects have been transferred or altered will not be honoured. If lost, Tickets will not be replaced.
1.9 Tickets will include entry to most, but not all, areas of EcoWorld. Subject to availability and at EcoWorld’s discretion, Visitors may be able to purchase additional tickets to obtain access to all areas of EcoWorld
1.10 From time to time, EcoWorld may issue Tickets under special promotions (“Promotional Tickets”) but Promotional Tickets will be available subject to availability and subject to any Terms and Conditions affecting the particular promotion.
1.11 Should a refund/amendment be provided at the Manager’s discretion, an administration fee of $NZ10 will be applied.
2. Pre-booked Tickets
2.1 Pre-booked Tickets purchased via the website (including Priority Access Tickets (as defined below)) should be produced by the Visitor on arrival for inspection and will be scanned to check validity.
2.2 Pre booked Tickets may not be used in conjunction with any voucher, promotion or special offer
3. Priority Access Tickets
3.1 Where available, Visitors will be able to purchase Tickets entitling them to gain entry to EcoWorld in priority to holders of standard Tickets (“Priority Access Tickets”). This does not ensure guaranteed entry and queuing may be needed in line with the capacity of EcoWorld.
3.2 Priority Access Tickets will entitle the Visitor to gain priority access as described at 3.1 during a specified time slot (“the Allocated Entry Time”)
3.4 Visitors who miss the Allocated Entry Time are not guaranteed to receive priority access and will need to approach the ticket desk for assistance
3.5 Once purchased, Priority Access Tickets may not be transferred, assigned or resold to any third party
4. Time Specific Tickets
4.1 Time Specific Tickets entitle the Visitor to access within the time slot specified when booking (e.g. after 5pm) if applicable
4.2 Visitors who miss the Allocated Entry Time are not guaranteed entry and will need to approach the ticket desk for assistance.