Year Pass for Marlborough Residents
• Adult $72 (= 3 admissions)
• Child (3-14) $36 (= 3 admissions)
• Under 3 FREE
Unlimited Free Entry for a Year
Touch a Tuatara, NZ's Living Fossil. Have fun discovering amazing animals that live in New Zealand - “the youngest land in the world”
✓ Nature ✓ Wildlife ✓ Heritage ✓ Explore & Learn ✓ Family – friendly ✓ Affordable ✓ FUN
We strive to give you outstanding, intimate experiences. Our knowledgeable staff help you discover and have fun, sharing with you some of New Zealand's amazing native animals that live in our beautiful Marlborough Sounds.
Terms & Condition of EcoWorld Aquarium & Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre's Local Year Pass Membership
1. Valid for 1 year from the date of purchase.
2. You must present your membership ID to receive free admission to EcoWorld Picton Aquarium. ID may be requested.
3. Your membership is not transferable. Only the person/s named on the membership form and ID may use it.
4. Your membership does not include Guided Tours, “Behind the Scenes”, “Close Up Encounters”, “Penguin Parade” or events.
5. No refunds, exchange or cancellation of EcoWorld Friends Membership.
6. The conditions of entry as displayed in EcoWorld Picton Aquarium admissions area must be adhered to.
7. EcoWorld Picton Aquarium reserves the right to cancel membership if any of these terms or conditions are breached.
*Exhibits may change without notice.
EcoWorld Aquarium & Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre is Marlborough’s most popular “paid for” tourist attraction, with more than 48,000 paid visits a year. EcoWorld is one of only four public aquarium in New Zealand and is privately owned and funded.
10 Best To Do's In Picton
spectacular scenery ✓ nature and conservation sanctuaries ✓ great walking ✓ heritage ✓ explore & learn
1. EcoWorld Aquarium & Wildlife Rehab
General entry to the aquarium - Feeding at 11am and 2pm
Adult $24 Child $12
2. Kaipupu Wildlife Sanctuary (Beachcomber cruises) 2hrs
Cruise with Beachcomber to Kaipupu Wildlife Sanctuary - a fenced off predator control area where our
native wildlife can flourish
Adult $20 Child $20 (Minimum 4 pax)
3. Picton Cinemas - Movies
Whats showing - https://www.pictoncinemas.co.nz/
Adults $16.50 Child $12
Best Combos (Prior bookings essential*)
4. Close Encounters - Behind the Scenes Tour (1.5 hours)
Get up close with the animals at EcoWorld and meet our current rehab patients (10am, 12pm, 1pm & 3pm
- includes entry)
Adult $49 Child $29
5. Kaipupu Wildlife Sanctuary & EcoWorld (3 hours)
Beachcomber Cruise to Kaipupu & Aquarium Entry
Adult $44 Child $32 (Minimum 4 persons. $176)
6. Great Eco Day Out in Picton (4 hours)
Beachcomber Cruise to Kaipupu, Aquarium Entry & Close Encounters Tour
Adult $69 Child $49 (Minimum 4 persons. $276)
7. Queen Charlotte Track Walk (9.5 hours)
Beachcomber Cruise, Hiking & EcoWorld Entry
Departing at 8am enjoy the cruise to Ship Cove at the head of the Queen Charlotte Sound to commence
your hike to Furneaux Lodge in Endeavour Inlet. On your return to Picton discover all you need to know
about local fauna at the Ecoworld Aquarium and Rehabilitation Centre
Adult $109 Child $61
8. Ship Cove Cruise (4.5 hours)
Beachcomber Cruise, Walk & EcoWorld Entry
Cruise from Picton through the Queen Charlotte Sound to historical Ship Cove. Along the way your skipper will provide a
commentary on the surrounds, history and the wildlife be it bird, fish or mammal! The highlight of this tour is the
stopover at Ship Cove. Named by Captain James Cook on 15 January 1770 when his ship The Endeavour anchored
here to replenish supplies of food, water and wood. It became a favourite anchorage of Captain Cook and he returned
here a further four times between 1770 and 1777.
Take the opportunity to dabble in the creek where Captain Cook made home brew for his crew and share the beach
with the resident wildlife. Have your photo taken beside the Captain Cook Monument commemorating his visits to this
area or just relax and enjoy the tranquil surrounds.
Adult $111 Child $63
9. Birdwatchers and Island Cruise (4.5 hours)
Beachcomber Cruise, Island Sanctuary & EcoWorld Entry
Join us on our 8:00am departure from Picton out to the stunning Motuara Island, enjoy the native bird life and immerse
yourself in the natural surroundings and stunning views. You get approximately one hour to enjoy this island.
Adult $115 Child $63
10. Magic Mailboat Cruise (4.5 hours)
Beachcomber Cruise & EcoWorld Entry
The Mail has been delivered by boat in the Queen Charlotte Sounds for more than 150 years. This is a unique tour.
Come along with us and share in the excitement of Mail Day as the skipper delivers the NZ Rural post bags, groceries
and anything else that the residents may need! Plants, puppies, birthday flowers, schoolwork, even the residents
friends and family - the Mail Boat delivers it all! No day is the same. During your cruise your skipper provides an
informative commentary on the history of the Marlborough Sounds and the people who lived there then and now.
Keep your camera handy for any (unscheduled) wildlife encounters!
Adult $127 Child $71
* Prior Bookings Essential. Activities & prices subject to change without notice
Bookings at EcoWorld Aqaurium, Picton Foreshore.
Phone 03 573 6030
•Available for booking year round.
*Attractions, activities, itineraries and exhibits may change without notice.
*All prices in NZ dollars and subject to change without notice.
•Bookings subject to EcoWorld Aquarium's Terms & Condition.
EcoWorld Picton Aquarium is Marlborough’s most popular “paid for” tourist attraction, with more than 43,000 paid visits pa. EcoWorld Aquarium is one of only 4 public aquariums in New Zealand and is privately owned and privately funded.